Our College research mandate is: Seeking discovery for impact.
The College of Kinesiology conducts research on the role of physical activity, movement, and sport in
- Indigenous wellness
- To partner with Indigenous peoples, families, and communities to enhance wholistic health.
- Healthy aging and management of chronic conditions
- To optimize physical and mental well-being in aging adults.
- Child and youth health and development
- To enrich well-being, growth, and function in children and youth.
- Human performance
- To elevate people's capabilities to thrive in various movement contexts.
We explore and lead in developing strategies for resolving local and world issues by
- Creating Impact - Our research advances the field of kinesiology and improves people's lives.
- Fostering Community - We work shoulder-to-shoulder with Indigenous and other communities.
- Promoting Collaboration - We lead and foster interdisciplinary research partnerships.
- Providing Mentorship - We are committed to preparing the next generation of scholars and leaders in physical activity.
- Sustaining Breadth - Our research
coverthe spectrum from basic to applied science.