- Biomechanics & Motor Control
- Neuromuscular Adaptations
- Bone Health
B.Sc. Mechanical Engineering (1990), University of Saskatchewan
M.Sc. Mechanical Engineering (1996), University of Saskatchewan
Ph.D. Mechanical Engineering (2006), Queen's University
Co-director of the Biomechanics of Balance and Movement Lab
- Walking balance control and falls in the community after incomplete spinal cord injury.
- Development of upper limb computational models to investigate musculoskeletal loading.
- The role of muscle, strength and neuromuscular performance in predicting bone properties in children.
- Fall Arrest Strategy Training (FAST) added to a fall prevention program to improve balance, strength and agility in older women.
- Evidence to guide clinical decision-making in the prescription of ankle-foot orthoses for children with cerebral palsy and equinus gait.
- Simulation-based assessment and experimental evaluation of movement retraining to improve stability during walking.
- Investigating the effect of haptic input on balance control during walking.
KIN 222.3 - Biomechanics I
KIN 442.3 - Biomechanics II
KIN 803.3 - Biomechanics