Students, faculty and staff are invited to the Merlis Belsher Place Grand Opening weekend coming up on October 26 & 27. To celebrate this momentous occasion, the University of Saskatchewan is hosting a come and go open house, as well as celebrating during the Huskie Men’s and Women’s home ice action against the Regina Cougars. As always - students get in FREE to all Huskie home games.
Full schedule and details are available here.
Friday, October 26, 7:00 pm
Community Open House, Saturday, October 27, 9:00 am – 3:00 pm
- 9:00 am - 10:00 am: Come and watch the Huskie men’s hockey alumni weekly skate on Merlis Belsher Spectator Arena.
- 10:00 am - 12:30 pm: Skate with Howler on Merlis Belsher Community Rink: Bring your skates, no sticks, and helmets are required for everyone!
- 11:00 am - 12:30 pm: Meet Dave King, Canadian men’s Olympic hockey team coach and Honourary Chair of the Home Ice Campaign.
- 1:15 - 2:45 pm: Ages 6 and up are welcome to try sledge hockey on Merlis Belsher Spectator Arena. Pre-registration is required.
- Giveaways, Fantastic Face Painting (10 am – 1 pm), Balloon Fun (10 am – 1 pm), music, informal tours and free coffee and hot chocolate throughout the event!
Saturday, October 27, 7:00 pm
The first 586 students to flood the student section for the Women's Huskie Hockey Grand Opening game at Merlis Belsher Place on Saturday, October 27 get a free hot dog from the concession that evening. Coupons can be picked up with valid student card at PAC 222, Shop usask (Preston Crossing) the week prior to the game, or at the Merlis Belsher Place ticket booth beginning at 6:00 pm on Saturday, October 27. #withthepack