This research area is focused upon:
- Identifying and overcoming the barriers that impact participation in sport, with a particular emphasis on barriers related to a youth’s growth and development.
- Understanding the mediating and moderating variables that influence sports participation. (ie: parental involvement, coaching techniques, maturational perception, sport competence)
- Supporting the development of infrastructure that will enhance participation in sport. Specifically, to increase understanding of the impact of adolescent growth and maturation, within the present structure of team sports in Canada, on longer term (4-year) participation in sport.
- Using the results to fuel policy changes and create strategies to enhance participation and reduce the number of adolescents that drop out of sport.
Key Faculty and Partnerships
Dr. Adam Baxter-Jones,
College of Kinesiology
University of Saskatchewan
Dr. Lauren Sherar
School of Exercise & Health Sciences
Loughborough University, UK
+44 (0) 1509 223285
Thank you for visiting our website. We appreciate your participation.
Associated Programs and Organizations:
- Saskatchewan Hockey Association (SHA)
- Saskatchewan Soccer Association
- Basketball Saskatchewan
- Sask Volleyball
- Saskatoon Minor Football
- Regina Minor Football
- Sask Baseball
Moved? New Email? New Phone Number?
Have you moved or changed your telephone number since we last contacted you? If so, could you please email your updated information to: email@example.com
The Follow-Up questionnaires can also be accessed online
**Google Chrome or Internet Explorer 9/10 are recommended**
Nicholas L. Holt, Camilla J. Knight (2014) Parenting in Youth Sport: From Research to Practice. Abingdon, Oxon: Routledge.